I am Khansa Jones -Muhammad Clark. I am also you. I am running for Council District Seat 8 because I am a long-term Los Angeleno who wants to improve upon all the great things that Los Angeles has to offer. I, like you, would like to see improvement in the areas where we as a City have fallen short. I know that we can work together to make life better for all Los Angelenos. Together We Can ACT!
I have successfully served as a Budget Advocate for the City of Los Angles and my hawkish experience as an elected Budget Advocate, has provided me with great budgetary insight into the Mayor of Los Angeles’ budget, as well allowing me to routinely interact with large amounts of its constituents, stakeholders, City Council Staff and City Officials to problem solve for CD8 and CD10.
Like many of you, my husband and I are raising a family in the globally admired City of Los Angeles. My belief is that our City has broken ground on many positive issues and has much to offer its residents. However, I believe now is the time to uplift our development of entrepreneurs and create new jobs, ensure affordable housing and holistic homeless housing, re-tool two primary focuses within education, expand healthcare, increase earthquake preparedness, upgrade infrastructure and maintain awareness of protections of undocumented immigrants that exist under the law, and make these our highest priorities.
Council District 8 has neighborhoods meeting or exceeding the City median income of $57.9K while a significant majority of residents have a median income as low as $17K-$28.9K. With the soaring costs of college, housing, healthcare and transportation, we as a community have an obligation to invest in our young people in a way that allows them to see a bright future and to compete in a global economy. College tuition, rent, health insurance premiums, and property assessments need to be stabilized such that they are in line with the realistic Los Angeles cost of living. I would also like to see us continue to expand our transportation options through infrastructure upgrades and viable modes of alternative transport. If we are to sustain life long residents that can and will invest in the City of Los Angeles, we must invest in ourselves – ACT NOW!
KHANSA JONES-MUHAMMAD CLARK’S QUALIFICATIONS AND SERVICE TO THE CITY OF LOS ANGELES:
- Served as a Budget Advocate for the City of Los Angeles. As an elected Budget Advocate, I have experience reviewing the Mayor’s proposed budget, meeting with City Department Heads, and after reviewing budgeted line items, making recommendations to the Mayor. In the capacity of a Budget Advocate I wrote the 2019 White Paper Departmental Reports for the Cannabis Department and the Department of Economic Workforce Development.
- Presented budget findings to the City of Los Angeles’ Budget Finance Office.
- Continually worked with Council Districts 8 and 10 Neighborhood Councils to address community challenges.
- Successfully worked with Council Members' Staff and City Officials to problem solve.
- Worked for over 20 years in Business Management, including governmental accounting, as well as tax and governmental compliance.
- Founding Managing Member of Fortitude Financial Management, a boutique Business Management Firm (2010-2013).
I AM YOU – LET’S REBUILD – TOGETHER!!
I AM KHANSA JONES MUHAMMAD CLARK – CANDIDATE FOR CITY COUNCIL DISTRICT 8
Disclaimer: This website is being used expressly to advocate for the election of Khansa Jones-Muhammad Clark for City Council 2020. This website is also for the purpose to solicit campaign contributions to elect Khansa Jones-Muhammad Clark for City Council 2020. This is a political campaign website as authorized and paid for by Khansa Jones-Muhammad Clark for City Council 2020, PO Box 561391, Los Angeles 90056 - Commission #1419336.